- Manages customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution.
- Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with vendors.
- Provides support to Sr. Catering Managers and Director of Catering in planning and on site execution of large events.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space.
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lbs.
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials.
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Edward Village standards and policies.
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you.
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours; Frequent – 3-6 Hours; Constant – 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Rare- up to 25 lbs.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Edward Hotel & Convention Center from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have knowledge in food and beverage menu development.
- Must have knowledge in all areas of banquet and event etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Ability to operate independently and with a high degree of autonomy requiring excellent time management skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to manage and direct staff.
- Ability to handle multiple customer and operational demands with a high degree of professionalism, operating often with time sensitive deadlines.
- Hotel product and industry knowledge, i.e., staffing, operations, safety, security, union rules, structural, terminology, fire, police and health codes, hotel policies, city ordinances.
- Quantitative processing of data via office machine equipment, mathematical computations and analytical skills necessary to accurately determine and communicate financial, forecasting and space utilization calculations.
- Ability to successfully operate computer systems with the ability to navigate efficiently through Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Delphi (or in house sales system), Market Vision, OnQ, InFocus Internet and Intranet and Optimum Settings (or in house CAD program).
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, proposals, general correspondence and similar written materials.
- Possess a good conceptual understanding of electronic devices and the ability to operate such items as copy machines, slide projectors, microphones, computers, portable radios, pagers, etc.
- Ability to complete a contract in compliance with all checklists, standards and hotel policies.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION:
- Four-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Two years’ prior hotel food and beverage, catering, event management or sales.
LICENESES OR CERTIFICATES:
No special licenses required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.