- Monitor Guest orders and ensure that all guest orders are delivered within quoted time.
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or
- restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy.
- Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- When complete, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to
- guest along with appropriate condiments. Abide by all State, Federal and
- Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees.
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and present check. Process check per hotel procedures.
- Accurately account for all sales, discounts, and promotions and be responsible for proper cash handling.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Maintain solid knowledge about culinary menu.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Supplement the bus help in clearing and resetting the tables.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as answering telephone and taking room service orders, handle special guest requests, and greet and seat guests according to Edward Hotel & Convention Center guidelines.
- Attend required meetings.
- Coordinate with busser for pick-up of trays.
- Report any equipment/lights that are not in order.
- Set up next shift for success
- Coordinate guest amenities with front desk, kitchen staff and outlets manager.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Frequent – 10-40 lbs.
- Assimilate into Edward Hotel & Convention Center culture. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Edward Hotel & Convention Center from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by management.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
One-year previous serving experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.