Principle Responsibilities/Position Purpose:
Service of beverage and/or food in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Checks and maintains proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during and shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials, promotions and snacks.
- Takes orders, reciting selection of all call and premium brands as requested; requires memorization of all available drinks.
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender an order was made in a timely manner.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction.
- Present the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return.
- Collect payment for drinks and food served and balance all receipts.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
- Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
- Responsible for providing quality guest service and build rapport with guests.
- Coordinate with food runner to ensure food is served at quoted time.
- Communicate with food runner(s) and bartenders to promote courteous work environment.
- Ensures proper glassware and garnishes are used for each cocktail.
- Ensure order input; computer has ribbon and paper.
- Maintain guest seating areas neat and organized.
- Ensure that lights and TVs are on/off and decorations are properly set up.
- Be in constant contact with management.
- Report any equipment/lights that are out of order.
- Set up next shift for success.
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Frequent up to 30 lbs.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Edward Hotel & Convention Center from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, speak and write the English language to communicate with the guest, and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 10 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment such as a blender.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Desire to promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Must 1-2 years of bartending/serving experience
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Meet minimum age requirements of jurisdiction.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by Management.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Edward Hotel & Convention Center rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.