• Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
• Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
• Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
• Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by Supervisor.
• Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
• Performs other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
Frequency Key: Rare, Occasional, Frequent, Constant for lifting enter estimated lbs. at 10, 25, 50, and 50+
Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing stairs Occasional
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Occasional – up to 50+lbs.
Assimilate into The Edward Village Family “IT TAKES A VILLAGE” culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of “IT TAKES A VILLAGE”. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Edward Village from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by Management.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the broiler, sauté, fry, roast, moist heat and other cooking methods.
• Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on continuous schedule.
• Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Three to five years cooking experience required. Prior hotel and restaurant cooking experience preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In Addition, this is hospitality business and a hospitality service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Edward Village rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.